AESOP2022 acknowledges the environmental impact of organising such a large event and aims to provide a sustainable congress and keep it green.
- The congress participants wearing their badge will be able to use the eco-friendly natural gas busses in Tartu free of charge courtesy of the City Government.
- You can donate towards planting a tree in the registration form.
- In Estonia, tap water is drinkable water and will be served at the congress venue.
- A mobile app with a digital programme and abstracts will be provided.
- Ecological sustainability will be borne in mind with regard to the delegate kit and catering.
- There are affordable electric and regular bike and electric scooter rental points all over Tartu.
Actually, Tartu itself is pretty sustainable! Read more here.
And the congress venue the Estonian University of Life Sciences follows the Green University Initiative. Read more here.
You can calculate the carbon dioxide emissions from air travel via the ICAO Carbon Emission Calculator here. If you would like to buy some offsets, HERE are some interesting options for you.
Principles for Sustainable Events
Publicon OÜ as the organiser has been dedicated to being as sustainable and eco-friendly as possible for the last 10 years, constantly improving, moving towards the best practices and doing our part to be kind to the environment and contribute to society. We have pledged to follow the sustainable event principles summarised by the Events Industry Council.Click on the logo below to read more!
For each event that we organize, we try to minimise the effects we have on the environment and promote a healthy, inclusive society by taking into account all the needs our clients and participants might have.
Some of the things we do:
- Food - All our food for the events comes from local, high-quality producers. The offered food takes into account allergies and preferences, no participant goes hungry. We take into account the amount people usually eat (according to our long experience) so that little food is left unconsumed. In the case of excess, the food finds it’s way to foodbanks.
- Education - Starting from last year, we regularly contribute to a project that offers financial support to youth that grew up in an orphanage and despite the difficulties of this lifepath have managed to make it to the university.
- Gender equality - As a workplace, Publicon has no tolerance for any kind of discrimination. As a conference organiser, we take into account gender-based needs. For example, women that are pregnant or have small children are welcome at our events - we offer separate rooms for their needs and satisfy any requests they might have.
- Sanitation - We channel business only to venues that provide proper sanitation and offer drinkable high-quality tap water. At our events, participants always have access to clean drinking water. Since the start of the pandemic, we have worked on making conferences as safe as possible, creating hybrid conference solutions and taking into account all mandated regulations with distancing, hand-sanitation, temperature measuring and so on.
- Recycling - If at all possible, the waste that is produced at our conferences find their way to proper waste management facilities. Everything that can be reused, will. In the buildings of the Estonian University of Life Sciences the trash bins enable to sort trash.